Pages

Friday, September 4, 2009

It's finally here!

It's HERE!!!

Yes, crazy as it seems I am quite excited about it. What you are wondering??? My schedule. Yes, it may seem said that I am this excited about a schedule, but I have been working on it for the past month and I think I found what will work. I researched a lot of homeschool books and websites looking for what might work for our family. Here is what I have put together for us. Any thoughts about this, ESPECIALLY if you find things that you think I can improve on, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! Thanks.

Mondays and Thursdays:
  • Worship and Bible Time (in living room, for 20 minutes) - Awana verses and CBS lesson
  • Reading and Piano Time (in living room, for 1 hour -15 minute increments

15min - John reading, Emily-piano, Kiley-spelling city, Karli-writing

15 min - Emily - reading, Kiley-piano, John-writing, Karli -learning website

15 min - Kiley - reading, Karli - piano, John -spelling city, Emily - writing

15 min - Karli - reading, John-piano, Kiley-writing, Emily - spelling city

  • Math (upstairs, 1 hr): Girls - 30-40 min , John - chores and free time*

John - 30-40 min, Girls - chores and free time*

  • 10 minute break and snack (10 min, kitchen or outside)
  • Language Arts (20 minutes, upstairs)
  • Science (20-30 minutes)
  • Lunch - help with lunch prep-(mon: J-sandwiches,E-drinks,Ki-plates/napkins,Ka-sides;

(thurs: Ki-sandwiches, E-sides, J-plates/napkins, Ka- drinks)

  • History (30 min, upstairs)
  • Read Aloud Time/homework (40 minutes)

Wednesdays are the same, except I thought I would change it up a bit so that I switch Math and reading segments (there is also a different rotation for lunch prep jobs).

Tuesdays we have our Bible Study. The kids have their own classes with other kids who are homeschooled and in their grade. We usually, during nice weather, get together for recess and lunch after at a local park. Then we continue on to piano. During piano I have a schedule for the kids to get their spelling worked on and a portion of reading done. So, while the others are doing piano some other school work is going on.

Fridays they have an all day school called One Day Enrichment. They cover science, art, history, P.E. and an elective and, of course, lunch. I am co-teaching the elective class this year. The first session will be on camping skills. We are aiming to teach them skills to be able to help when they are older, as well as, how to take care of their families while enjoying camping. Other topics coming.

I am also in the process of coming up with a better schedule for the rest of our day. Look for that to come. I am still working on that. I am hoping to have that nailed by the end of the weekend. My goal is to focus on aiming for these schedules, and realize that learning flexiblity is good to, but to jump back into the routine of things as soon as possible. I am excited. I am still trying to figure out when to throw in Spanish and Art. We did three lessons this summer for Spanish and only one for Art. I guess that is better than nothing.???!! Look back in the next few days for more on this schedule and the schedule of our lives. Also, look for my version on the workbox idea. Not, that I am a genius, but I found something that will work better for me and maybe there is something you can take or add to this idea to make it better. But, that is to come this coming week.

Enjoy this last weekend of "summer", yes I know the season is not over (that is for my husband's sake *smile*) but the session is. On to the last weekend. Enjoy! Have fun! And make sure you let me know your thoughts on these ideas. I am always looking to make it better!

No comments: