Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Where is the balance?

How do you balance life?
I know it is a process, but how do YOU balance life?

I have been working and trying to figure out how to do that forever.
Something that is really important to me is my relationship with God. I have tried to make that a priority the past two years. I hate to admit it, but when the kids were young I used them as an excuse to not have my conversations with my creator and friend. I didn't realize how far I had gotten in my relationship. Just like any relationship, when you don't talk with the other person, when you don't spend time with them you are going to feel distant when you see or talk with them again.

Well, two years ago I realized that I was not doing what I should to do my part in keeping my relationship with God prioritized as I should. I also was not doing good about working out then. So I had tried to start getting up to work out . So I made a pact with myself, if I was able to get up and workout, then I should be able to make the time for God. So if I worked out, then I made sure I had my quiet time.

Pretty soon I was doing my workouts for 30-40 minutes and then the kids would get up and I would have like 10 minutes of time with God (while tending to my children). Yeah, I don't have to explain that doesn't work. This summer I have been going through a bible study with a couple of other women about managing our lives. Through this I realized that yes, I was making time for God, but what kind of time was I making?

So, for the past few months I have been making sure that I have time with God and then the workouts. So now, it is the workouts that go by the wayside if I happen to wake up later or run out of time. Because of homeschooling I really like to start breakfast at 7:00am and school at 8:00. So, I have a time limit.

THE QUESTION IS:
How do you balance both?

Since I have not been able to workout as much, my physical feeling has been a lot worse. I get so much energy from making sure I have my workouts. It makes me feel better, it makes me have more discipline and self-control in regarding to what and how much I eat. BUT, I also have enjoyed making sure I have my time with God too. Both things that I have found I really need to do in the morning or else they don't get done.

What are your thoughts on this?
How do you handle this in YOUR life?
I would love to know!

Should I find anything out in my journey I will let you know.

No comments: