Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It is working!!

We started school last week and I put my schedule into practice. And it is working. School is moving much better, and I am even seeing that we might have time to add in Spanish on Tuesday afternoons! Yeah!! The my "workbox" system has been wonderful. Those two weeks of hard work have paid off. So far so good, but yes it is only the first week. I am enjoying having the one-on-one time with each kid and they have something to do that is productive and accomplishing work instead of just hanging out until it is their turn. Still looking for more ideas, but am glad for this year. Of course, no children are perfect and so I do get complaining everyone once in a while, but since I decided to stick to my time allotment and then if they don't finish it they have homework...it seems to be a big enough motivator to keep them focused.

Oh, I do have to say it has been good for me too. Including them in cleaning and doing it before school starts...I feel like I have accomplished something and I am able to teach them how to do some cleaning and they are fine with it. It only takes us about five minutes to do a whole room. I have to say thank you to one of my favorite blogs for giving me most of the ideas that I have, please check it out...http://sahmissionary.blogspot.com

No comments: