Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Monthly Cycle

Don't worry it is not what you think...it is my monthly dinner cycle. You guys really need to clean your minds a bit!

So, I have wanted to do one for a while and when I was putting the schedule together for school, I thought why not life too!

So here is our monthly schedule of meals. I also put together a breakfast plan so we wouldn't always have the same thing over and over (cereal, it would be).

WEEK 1:
Monday - Chicken 'n Biscuits/peas
Tuesday - Sloppy Joe's (love my mother-in-laws recipes)/corn chips/celery
Wednesday - Baked Potato/carrots
Thursday - Homemade Pizza and salad
Friday - Tacos with homemade shells (again my mother-in-laws recipe)/corn
Saturday - Hamburgers, chips, salad
Sunday - Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread and salad

WEEK 2:
Monday - BBQ grilled chicken, italian potatoes, salad
Tuesday - Pulled pork sandwiches and celery
Wednesday - Fish fillets, cheese crackers and carrots
Thursday - Lasagna, garlic bread and salad
Friday - Tacos with homemade shells/corn
Saturday - Hot dogs, baked beans, celery
Sunday - Any leftovers

WEEK 3:
Monday - Stroganoff and green beans
Tuesday - Hodgepodge soup and sourdough bread
Wednesday - Yoshida chicken, rice and green beans
Thursday - Cheesy Italian bake and salad
Friday - Taco filled pasta shells, corn and chips
Saturday - Pigs 'n blanket, chips and carrots
Sunday - Chicken and cheese quesidilllas and green beans

WEEK 4:
Monday - Breakfast Meal
Tuesday - Baked bean Chili, cornbread and salad
Wednesday - Chicken Alfredo with broccoli
Thursday - Manicotti, garlic bread and salad
Friday - Tortilla lasagna, corn and salad
Saturday - Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
Sunday - Any leftovers, if none then popcorn fun!

WEEK 5:
Monday - Beef Taco Skillet, chips and green beans
Tuesday - Mexican Pie and peas
Wednesday - Chicken parmesan, pasta and salad
Thursday - Homemade chicken fingers and carrots
Friday - Tacos, chips and corn
Saturday - Pot pies and cottage cheese
Sunday - Turkey lettuce roll-ups

BREAKFAST PLAN:
Sunday - Oatmeal (blueberry or maple)
Monday - cereal
Tuesday - poptarts
Wednesday - baked oatmeal
Thursday - eggs, bacon and toast
Friday - bagels
Saturday - french toast, pancakes, waffles or cinnamon rolls

**Answers to some questions people have asked me regarding this:
1. I go shopping once a week, so any items I need since I already know what I am making then it makes it a lot easier to put the list together.
2. I don't make all the meals ahead of time, but if I am making a dish (i.e. lasagna, stuffed taco shells, etc.) that works great freezing I make a bigger batch and freeze a couple of meals worth for later months.
3. So far I have been doing this for the past three months and I love it. It has worked beautifully.
4. Here is my mother-in-laws famous Sloppy Joe recipe:

SLOPPY JOES
2 1/2 lbs. hamburger
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cuts ketchup
1 tbsp mustard
1 can of crm of mushroom soup
1 tsp onion powder

Brown meat and drain. Mix other ingredients together and simmer.
This is great on buns and also with corn chips. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!


No comments: