Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

My "Workbox" System

****PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK FOR MY UPDATED BLOG ON THIS WORKBOX SYSTEM***

So, I looked into the Workbox System, and liked it. But, honestly, too much work for me. I like to have everything done and not have to worry about filling in everyones boxes the night or week before. Nice, idea, not for me. So, it got me THINKING what do I want and how can I make it. So here is what I came up with:




A BANKER'S BOX! (sorry for it not being rotated...will try to fix)

Inside my bankers box I have hanging fild folders and, of course, folders. Each folder is labeled per day. Day 1, Day 2, Day 3.... I set my schedule for the year and then for each day I put all the worksheets and supplies I need. If there is something I can't get or don't have right now I have a flag with the items I need for that day. And if there is something that needs to be used in a later lesson than I mark it for what day I need to move it to when we are done. So far I have it done through December, planned through May. So now I just need to put the items in the file folder that I need.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED!! IMPORTANT!!

Ok, so you might have already figured this out, but I just put it together. I spent so much time photocopying pages from my workbooks. Then I read somewhere that someone just had her daughter write the answers in a separate notebook. So, I figured that half way 2nd grade math (since that is where I was photocopying at the time) was a great time to implement that system. Same with spelling practices. My goodness that woman, I wish I could wrote down the website, had a wealth of knowledge. I bet there was a lot more and I should have kept reading. Anyway, that was my big lesson for the summer! Now, I am just trying to figure out how to fit in Spanish and Art. Any suggestions???So, that is my system. I am excited to use it. Check back later for updates on whether or not it worked. It seems that it probably will for me. But, you never know. There could be things I didn't think of. We shall see!
***Added: October 21, 2009***
It seems that a lot of people have checked out this page, It is different from other workboxes, but I have to tell you I have LOVED it! Each day I pull out the folder associated to this day and then all the supplies are right there. I love it. We had to go out of town to visit my father-in-law and it was great I grabbed my books and then the folder for the day and it was wonderful. I am planning on posting more in how these go along with my schedule, but you will have to wait for that. 8-) More to come.

1 comment:

Mozer said...

Neat how you got a system to work as you needed it to. Do you mind if I link this post up to my workbox article? www.squidoo.com/workboxes