Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Chicago Summer Reading Program...Accomplished!


Today I was so proud of my kids as we headed to the library to get the final books checked off on their Summer Reading Program Chart. They were so excited to get their tee-shirts! They did a great job. John actually read 25 books this summer. His reading took off because of the incentive to get the tee-shirt. Emily and Kiley dind't ahve to read the boosk, but just listen and fill out a book report form (as did John as well). Karli just had to listen. It actually became a full-time job to accomplish all the different books and sit and listen and check off the boosks for each one. But, they did it and I was proud. And they wre proud of themselves. Kiley quoted, "I am so proud of myself for working hard to get this tee-shirt. Mom, I know you are proud of me too!" Yes, I am.

No comments: