Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Caterpiller and shooting stars



Day four has ended and I am so glad with this week. Yesterday was a tough day, but we are slowly getting into our routine. John loves having "classmates" and the girls are getting into school work. They are even doing some of John's work just so I can combine stuff and they are doing well. One of the things I loved today was them trying to recite the poem they are learning for grammer. I didn't even ask Karli to try, but she got up there and said most of it no problem. She was even helping one of them during their try at it. I love the poem and they can't wait to be able to put on a show for dad when they have it down pat. Here is the poem:




The Caterpillar by Chirstina G. Rossetti




Brown and furry


Caterpillar in a hurry


Take your walk


to the shady leaf or stalk.




May no toad spy you


May the little birds pass by you


Spin and die


To live again a butterfly.




Actually, I really like this poem and it has been fun to learn along with them. One of the other things is that Jason encouraged the kids to help clean up their school room when they are done because kids in a class room do that too! The kids were excited and then I threw in the surprise I had a helping hand that I was going to award to the kid(s) who worked the hardest. Man you should have seen them go! Afterwards I told them that I would not hand them out everytime,but would surprise them with. I had to hide my smile and laughter when they all shouted at each other..."We have to do this everytime! Maybe mom will give us a helping hand award!" So today when it was time to clean up they all kept asking who was going to get the award while they were cleaning like busy bees. I reminded them that it might not be everytime. At the end everyone had such a great attitude and worked so hard, they didn't know it, but they all were awarded the Shooting Star award for great attitude. You should have heard the eruption! It was crazy! They were dancing and screaming and hugging each other. So I joined in! Hey I love celebrations!!! So the helping and hands and shooting stars are being displayed along the ceiling of the stairs going from the school room to downstairs. So whenever they walk down the stairs they can't but help seeing their congrats! It was so cute. A great way to ended the fourth day of school. I am really enjoying it this year. I hope it lasts!!! 8-)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Glad to hear that it's going well....I gave you a little something on my blog...check it out!