Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

The 3C's

You are probably wondering what the 3 C's are...in this blog they stand for Cancer, Church and Contemplative thoughts. Random, I know, but hence the title of my blog.

First, for those that don't know. Last year my father-in-law was diagnosed with a brain tumor. They went in and it was the most aggressive kind. They removed and he was given a 1 1/2 - 2 year chance. It has been over a year and he has been on constant chemotherapy, but has done tremendous on it! The doctors have called him a miracle, which we all agree. If you had never known he had brain cancer, you wouldn't be able to tell. He and my mother-in-law actually just got back off of an Alaskan cruise...they love to travel and have done a lot of it in the past year! He went for a check up this past week. Every week he gets blood work done and every two months he gets a MRI to make sure everything is going fine. This time they found some swelling on his brain, where there has not been since before his last surgery. They don't see anything, but they are going this week to have the neurosurgeon check his results and make sure that there isn't anything. We are praying that this is just some small swelling. The doctors are just concerned because there since there is swelling, that means something is going on...what is the question...we are praying. I will keep you updated.

Our church is a cute little church in the middle of Chicago. My husband says it is about as close to a small town church as you can get in the city. I would have to agree. Our church is a church for those that might find it hard to fit in anywhere else. One of the things I love about it is how open everyone is to new things. A few years back we had a blind couple come and visit our church. I am still amazed at them, they have taught me a lot of things, they have such determination. It has been great we actually have two that are on our worship team up front and they read the songs from their brialle song books and it is just great! Amazing! Sometime back I went through a stage because we are still in the growing process of our children's ministry (sometimes my children being the only ones) and I was teaching every Sunday, I started having a pity party focusing on the fact that if I had a choice ______ church is where I would go because then I could sit and be ministered to on Sunday morning and send my kids off to their sunday school. Wow, has God worked in me a lot this past year! He has taught me a lot about being thankful for a church where the sky is the limit and the pages are open to be written on. It is a great experience being at a church where in a sense you are on the ground floor of something amazing, that no one can see yet, but something truly amazing and special. That is how I feel and I have just had a renewed passion for serving in anyway I can. If you know me I like to plan and my mind can't stop...God has blessed us amazingly with the small, little church. I am so thankful and feel so priveledge to be here. I truly feel that Jason and I have been given such a treat and priveledge to minister to the people that we are...I can't wait to see what He is going to do! Never underestimate the power and might works of God. He is just simply AMAZING!!!

No comments: