Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our last summer days in MI

So we headed last Wednesday to one of our favorite and relaxing places of ALL TIMES Michigan! I love going to my in-laws house. It is so relaxing. Jason's birthday was on Tuesday so it was a great chance to go and celebrate the big 31! We went Thursay morning on a pontoon boat that a friend of Wes and Sharon's (my in-laws) had and we spent a couple of hours on Paw-Paw Lake. Each of the kids got to drive the the boat and honk the horn twice. They LOVED it! It was really nice of her to let us do that. Then Jason and I were off to South Haven to a B&B called The Carriage House. If you ever want a great place to relax and that is beautiful that is the place to go. We walked all over and enjoyed a night with the breeze and cool evening. It was perfect. We sat out on our balcony and just talked and talked and talked. It was great! It was a great chance for us to discuss where we are in life and what we are doing. The conclusion, we are so blessed and exactly where we want to be, we couldn't ask for anything more. We are truly blessed and thank God for EVERYTHING that we have, experienced, get to serve and help people...the list goes on. We are so thankful! After the B&B we just hung out together and then later the next afternoon met the kids and grandparents back at Silver Beach in St. Joe, MI. We had so much fun...it was so wavy and we enjoyed every bit. Saturday morning we woke up and went blueberry picking and then after lunch headed to go canoeing on Paw-Paw Lake. We found a great channel and Jason appeased my desire to go turtle hunting! I have to talking about it ALL summer long. I wanted to catch a turtle and bring it home!! So we tried. We almost had a mom AND two babies, but I accidently banged the boat and PLOP they went in the water. Then we found one that was laying on a log and went in the water when I went to go for it, BUT was very BRAVE because he stuck his head back up out of the water...that is when I GOT HER!!! The kids named her Jane. Jason's parents havent' used that canoe in years so we get to bring it back home and enjoy whenever we want. We are very thankful for that! I am sure we will be fishing a lot more! It was a great week...but watch out...school begins on Monday! Back to regular life. 8-) I can't wait for fall! Did I mention that I love life and just can't wait to experiece more and more of it.
(Note: we also got to pick FRESH corn out of grandpa's garden and it just made me stand in amazingment at what a creative God we have to engineer such a wonderful creation! He is so amazing and so powerful and so imaginative! Something I continue to strive for...to be more creative like Him, to think OUTSIDE the box...just imagine what is instore??!!!! Wow! Oh, to be more like Him!)

3 comments:

Rick Ostler said...

Hi Tanya,
What a GREAT article you wrote. I hope you don't mind, I featured it on my pontoon boat blog. Check it out
http://north-american-waterway.com/blog/archives/249

Susan said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time. Did you keep the turtle? I always wanted a pet turtle!

Tanya said...

I always wanted a pet turtle too, so yes we have kept her! She is still alive, we are reading about the best way to keep her right now! I will have to actually put a picture of her on here, but the one I found on the computer looks almost exactly like her. I was so excited!