Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Speeding ticket...thanks mom!


So I was following my mom today to see where my dad works. She was speeding, I was following and I wasn't paying attention to the speed limits....there was a police man and I heard the sirens. Yep, I got pulled over. The funny thing is I didn't know where I was and my mom didn't realize that I wasn't behind her anymore. The police told me to call her and tell her to come back because she was speeding too and he would give her a ticket too. While I was waiting for him to write out my ticket my mom came back. She pulled off onto a different road and waited. The funny thing about all of it was, we took the back roads so i didn't have to pay the tolls because I didn't have an i-pass. The other funny thing was my mom had turned off on the wrong road. At first I was upset at my mom because she was speeding, but then I realized I was the one that was driving so I was responsible. It ended up being a great teaching lesson for the kids. Although a $75 ticket was not my idea of a cheap lesson. Oh, well!

1 comment:

Susan said...

So sorry that happened! Your a good person not being mad at your mother. I think that I wouldn't be able to be so forgiving so quickly!