Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mommy Time...don't they get enough of me????


My kids are with me literally 24/7, so one would think that they would get tired of me, right? Well, today proved that wrong! Kiley has been very needed recently and I sensed that she really just needed Mommy and Kiley time. I KNEW that to be the case when she came and asked me for it this morning. Of course, I said yes and we picked a few books and snuggled in my bed to read...just Kiley and me. Not two seconds later Emily and Karli arrived at the door, "Mommy, it is MY day, so I get to have mommy time" said Emily, "Me too" said Karli (they rotate whose day it is everyday and whatever decisions for the kids have to be made, any special things go to whomever day it is). I told them that they would get there time too. "There goes getting the laundry done," my mind quickly thought, "oh well." After about two checks to see if we were done I told the two eager sisters to wait and not bother us anymore till we were done. After reading three books I told Kiley it was now Emily's turn. She wanted to spend more time "Legos, playing house, I want to do that too!" she said. My mind started to get overwhelmed...adding all the time multiplyed by four. Nothing was going to happen today.

I ended up spending time with all of the girls reading and John wanted to color (which is so relaxing to me...much rather do that then fold clothes anyday). And it was great. The whole morning was spent with just them. They kept asking for more one-on-one time. To be honest I was shocked. They are stuck with me ALL the time, why would they want more of me. Then I decided it really didn't matter and to just sit back and feel loved. And I did.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Feeling loved by your kids is the best feeling in the world! I am glad that you enjoyed your day!

Katy said...

Tanya, you're an inspiration and a great mommy (well I'm sure you're kids think so)! I have moments where I just want to not be "wanted" at every moment but then I never regret any minute spent with my family- what a blessing :-)