Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

O.D.E. to Joy


Other than my kids loving the new "Friday" song by Rebecca Black, they love Friday because of O.D.E. (One Day Enrichment).  That is why I call it Ode to Joy.  It brings them JOY.  Seriously, it is one day a week where, as they like to call it, they go to school.  Yep.  I am not school.  O.D.E. is school.  It is a day where the kids have the classes that are harder to do at home, and are a lot more fun in a group.  This includes Science, History, Art, P.E. and Unit Study...and of course Lunch Period.  My husband is the gym teacher at O.D.E. and he took these pictures during a few classes that he has.  I mean, I would want to go instead of being with mom AGAIN...wouldn't you? 


 I like that they have this opportunity to go and learn from other teachers and learn in a different way than I might teach them.  They love their classes and have a chance to get a taste of "real school".  I do have to say that I am glad that I don't have to pack school lunches every day.  Once a week is enough for me. **Smile** 

I am thankful to Mr. Jones, the science teacher, this year.  He has made John realize that he loves science and now he wants to become a scientist when he grows up (or an artist).  Kiley has realized that she LOVES art.  I am excited to see where that goes.  Karli has learned to make a new friend this year, which has been a big thing for our shy one.  Next Friday will be the last one for the year.  I don't know what the kids will do without it for the summer...oh I know...more time with me!!!  I bet they can't wait!! 

No comments: