Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Homeschool, Year 4, has come to an end

Crazy, four years ago I didn't not think that I would be here.  Ending.  Year 4.  Four crazy years.  Each year I learn something from the previous and use it to make it better the next year.  Maybe by the time they all graduate I will actually have a great system down.

As we tie the last strings it gets harder and harder to focus, with the springtime air and the fun that can be found outside.  It is hard to look at math facts and see what you are suppose to be learning.

This year we made an awesome school room (see previous post here) and now we are MOVING IT
yeah, after ALL.THAT.WORK. last year...it is changing AGAIN!

What worked this year:
*School store (check)
*Report cards (check) (at least I had them at the beginning of the year)
*Set schedules (check)
*School check off sheets (check)

What DIDN'T work:
Yeah, I am not up for that right now...too overwhelming, I'm going to have to check back with you on that....

I still can't believe that I have a fourth grader next year, two second graders and a first grader.  It still does seem possible.  Not at all possible.  But, it is.  Each year flys by.  They get older, look older, you feel older, and you can't stop it.  It is a wonderful process.  To look back over a year and see the leaps and bounds your child has made.  That is MY FAVORITE thing about homeschooling...I have been there to see every step of the way.  I mean EVERY.  I might not have loved EVERY moment, but I have cherished EVERY moment. 

This is so not where I was headed with the blog post.  But, here is it.  Another down and another one to look forward to.  Exciting times to find.  I would love for you to share any of yours.  Good and bad.  We can all learn from both. 
Happy school ending!

No comments: