Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Can a black thumb turn green?

That is the question that my husband asked someone the other day, referencing me, of course! If anyone knows me, they know that I can't keep living objects alive...with the exception of my kids, of course! I have a black thumb, I even killed the flowers I bought on Good Friday, for Easter...Easter morning they were dead. I had dead flowers for my arrangment. I could go on. Anyway, the kids wanted to have a garden, a vegatable garden. It sounded fun, so here we go! I am trying with everything in me not to kill my kids first garden. So here are some pictures of what our garden is starting out as. Then hopefully, it will be full of lots of green things...hopefully, not weeds!



We decided to grow strawberries, tomatoes (which John pointed out the label said vegatable and they are a fruit...good observation John), lettuce, carrots, broccoli, watermelon, corn, cucumbers and potatoes. I think it will be fun and full!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Looks like fun!! Let me know how it goes. My husband has been itching to start a small garden in our backyard.