Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh, be careful little mouths what you speak

I should have been thinking about my words the other day when I was talking to my friend Rachel. We were discussing how our twins just can't get past a certain weight. Her's can't get past 20lbs. (they are 3) and mine can't get past 36lbs. (they are 6). We were commenting on how we were amazed they they were staying the same weight and not gaining, for mine three years. The doctors are fine with it, they just stay the same. LATER, Kiley came to me and told me that her feelings were hurt because she thought we were making fun of her because of the fact that she can't gain weight. I would have NEVER thought that to be an issue. We talked about it, a couple of times, and I think she finally realized we weren't trying to make her feel bad we were just discussing the fact that they can not get over a certain weight.

Oh be careful little mouth what you say...because you might, unknowingly, be effecting someones feelings. I am just glad she came to me and expressed her feelings and we were able to discuss it. Hopefully, that will never change!

No comments: