Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Quote of the day


We were driving home from O.D.E. (a one day school for homeschoolers), and as we were approaching home Kiley began this conversation after I reminded them that there would be a babysitter tonight while Dad takes me out:


"Mom, you know that [the babysitter] gives us as many helpings of ice cream as we want?"


"Really?" I questioned.


"Yeah, she gives us one helping and then if we say we want more she gives us another until we tell her we had enough."


"Really?" I replied.


"Yeah, why does she do that, we don't need more than one scoop of ice cream?" she said with a look of disgust on her face.


I couldn't help but think it was funny that a child, my child was commenting on the fact that they were getting too much ice cream. For the babysitter, I know that it was probably not heaping fulls and very rarely do we have ice cream in the house to give them, BUT I did get a kick out of her passion in it all!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

That is so very funny!! I love it!

lizwiththree said...

cute and i have a personal problem with my ice cream helpings!!!