Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Sailing boats and serving food

So the weather warmed up this weekend and so since Jason had a meeting Saturday morning I thought it would be fun to do something out of the ordinary, so I took the old juice containers (that I had been saving up to make coin purses out of (see Family Fun Carton Wallet, but instead we took them and made boats. Boats to float on our new lake in the backyard. Yes, a lake. It was an ice rink, but now it has turned into a lake. So we went out and enjoyed the warmer weather and floated our boats.
Yesterday, my kids created their own resturant, Fruities, they served me breakfast and are working on learning the cleaning up aspect of running a business. I thought it was cute, they wanted to do lunch and dinner too. I thought it would be fun for the day. I thought it was cute, until this morning when I woke up and found out that Fruities was still in business and now they wanted ME to pay for their food and service. Hey wait a minute, I don't know how cute this is anymore! I like creativity, but I think we have gone a little too far. Now I have to convince them that maybe Fruities isn't such a good idea after all. Four to one, not sure I will win. Then they found out I was writing about Fruities on here...they are getting ready for you all to come...although since I am a good friend just to let you know I think that you need to go wash your hair and I see a pile of laundry over there. What have you been doing all day???? I guess you can't come, too bad. I will let the kids know. Maybe next time! (***Later Edit: So after school I went down to get lunch together...there were 20, yes 20, cups of milk and juice in the refrigerator. Apparently, they were quite excited to have customers. I made sure they realized that at a resturant they make the drink AFTER it is ordered, not before. Oh, my. I need to figure out how to channel this creative idea to something positive...think, think, think!***)

No comments: