Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Me and my girls



So Fridays are girls day! John is off to One Day Enrichment for classes and it is just me and my girls. We catch up on school first thing to get it out of the way and then it is girl time. Last week we cleaned together and they loved it. We surprised Jason and John with it when they came home (Jason is teaching P.E. and logic at ODE). The girls had so much fun. They cleaned the upstairs all by themselves and I did the downstairs. After that I taught them how to mop. They were so excited that I let them mop. It was quite fun! We loved surprising the boys with a spic and span house. It felt fun doing that together. Today since my girls love "new" clothes and shoes I decided to sort clothes and get out the next size hand-me-downs we had. They loved it. I let them pick the drawer to reorganize the clothes and they couldn't believe it. Then after we sorted through the old clothes it was time to bring out the "new" ones. Then on to the shoes. The box of hand-me-down shoes were pulled out and we went through the old shoes and got rid of ones too small, etc. Then after lunch we decided our surprise for the boys would be blueberry muffins. So we baked. They felt so special and they even got to pour the batter into the muffin tins (usually they lose interest during that part, but they really wanted to try it themselves). It is fun having girl time. I can't wait to think about what to do next week!

2 comments:

lizwiththree said...

wow that sounds like fun. we made peanut butter blossoms yesterday. samara loves to bake with me and it's perfect when the baby is napping. happy cooking and girl time.

Missy said...

How fun for you to have 3 girls!
Me and my one girl enjoy baking for the boys too ;)

I have a recipe on my blog for Chocolate Chip Zuccini bread that Lana and I have made. It's really yummy. Don't let the zucchini fool you!!!