Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

The TWINS that CAN'T stay together

So, I don't know about you, but we have two sets of twins in our house.  One set loves to run and play together and the other...let's just say they can't seem to get along...they want to get as far apart as possible!

The second pair is really a pair...a pair of socks!  We can't keep any of our socks together, well I should say the kids can't keep any of their socks together.  So, I started doing what my mom did for us when we were little.  I purchase a ton of baby safety pins and about two Christmas' ago I gave my son a bag full of blue ones, and each of my daughters their own colors with a bag of  brand new socks.  They had fun with it for a while.  But, as all creative kids do, they started using them for tents, making dresses out of blankets and using the baby pins to hold them in place.  Slowly, the pins kept disappearing.

Now, my  kids have all done their laundry since they were 7, so I figured they would love the fact that they didn't have to search for matching socks when putting their laundry away.  That it would make it easier.  NOPE.  I would find socks all over the place.  I would ask whose it was...never anyone in my house.  Strange, don't you think?

So, I realized I needed to come up with a different way for my family.  What my mom had taught me was not working.  So, this week I purchase some new socks.  Each one in my family got a package.  And I did this to them:

On each sock, for the girls on the bottom and for my son on the toes, I put their name in permanent marker.  Then on each pair I gave them a number.  So, they know what socks go together.  If I find one on the floor they can not claim that it is not theirs.  I know.  It says so.  They each got a set for the whole week.
So, they SHOULDN'T have any problems.  
We shall see how this process goes.  I even did my husband's so the kids' can't say that they are his.  And when my new pack of socks come in the mail I will do the same to mine, since my son and I where the same size now.  My husband and I can prove to the kids that they are the ones leaving their socks everywhere...not mom and dad.

Now to prove that we aren't the ones leaving the toilet paper holder empty...hmmmm....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is hysterical! Great solutions Tanya! Now about the toliet paper rolls.....:-)