Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

The Mystery of the Tossed Newspaper

The Mystery of the Tossed Newspaper
by Karli

     That afternoon while Teegan was doing her homework she heard a crash.  She hurried outside and saw Ms. Cupseye cleaning up some of her tea cup that spilled.  

"Good afternoon, Ms. Cupseye, what's the problem?  It happened again?  You spilled your cup?"

"Yes, but this time I didn't spill it and my newspaper's gone."

"Didn't you see it?"

"No, because I went inside."

"Oh. Ummmm.... why don't you make a new one?"

"I can't drink because I need my newspaper."

"Why can't you drink without it?"  Teegan asked.

"Because I need to see the news, so I can see if anybody put poison in my cup."

"Well...where did you put your cup when you went inside?"

She replied, " On the edge."

"Hey, did you let your cat out?"

"Yes."

"Where is his favorite spot to lay?"

"By the bushes."

She looks by the bushes and looks on the cat's tail.  Ahhhhhhh, that weded.

"Your cat knocked the cup over" Teegan said.

"How?" she said.

"You put your cup on the edge.  You went inside and your cat came out and knocked over the cup that made the newspaper fall."

Teegan handed Ms. Cupseye her newspaper and walked away with a smile.   



No comments: