Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

The training has begun!




Last year I ran the 1/2 Marathon for the first time. I trained, worked hard and (with only God's strength)
finished in 2:41:06, running the whole time.
I was quite excited!
So what did I do...signed up to do it again. But, after I signed up and finished the 1/2 marathon last August I had no idea that I was going to have
2 ankle injuries.
The stories can be saved for a NEVER time. Yeah, stupid stuff. Anyway, I am finally at a place to run again. Last week I started and had to talk myself through 15 minutes. It was sad. I got VERY overwhelmed. I am starting from the beginning AGAIN. That is ok, we (I am meaning God and myself) can do it again. So, this morning I got on the elliptical and ran about a mile and a half in 20 minutes. Not my best, but will do. Much better than last week. So here begins my training...look for more to come! Want to join me???
My Log:
04/13/10: 2.1 miles/30 minutes/elliptical

No comments: