Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

God's angels..on overtime

These past couple of days, God's angels have been working overtime with my children. I praise God for protection and that he kept them from harm.

A Secret Clubhouse. That is what they thought. What could possibly be under that metal thing. Under the porch. With cement blocks on it.
While I was making lunch Wednesday I sent the kids in the backyard to enjoy the nice weather and to get some spring energy out before we continued on with our school work. John came in to get a flash light. Suspious. I wondered what they were doing. Kiley came in stating that she was going to wash her hands because the "Secret Clubhouse" was so dirt. My curiousity peaked. The story came out.
"We found a sewer opening under the porch mom!" John continued, "Don't worry, we put the cover back on."
Trying not to over react I calmly (all the while freaking out inside) asked to see the "Secret Clubhouse") Under the porch I found my other two daughters trying to put the cement blocks back on the sewer cover.
I told them never to open it again. They continued to tell me that they had a hard time keeping the dog from jumping in the sewer. Forget that, what about them falling in? The lid slamming on one of their heads....we had a nice discussion. I think they understand not to open a sewer grate again.
God sent His Angels to watch over them...and I am thankful!
Yesterday. Busy interestion. Too many cars. Crossing the street with four kids. Angels totally covered my three girls on two different occasions. Lesson learned. Just because one side of traffic lets you cross...doesn't mean that other side is going to stop. Enough said. I screamed as Emily darted out before I could tell the to check the other way. Thankfully, the car was a couple seconds too late. Oh may, picturing it again. Angels watching over us. Other time, Kiley and Karli learned that you can't just assume (although I have mentioned I don't know how many times) that not everyone actually stops at the stop signs. Didn't listen. Darted. In front of a the van. Close call. Everyone was ok. Thank you Lord for watching over us and guarding us with your protection. Lessons learned. A prayer of thanksgiving given us when we reached the car! I am thankful for another day.

No comments: