Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Meet Lota


Lota is eleven years old and lives in the Musele community of Zambia. He says he wants to be a doctor when he grows up, so that people may have life. In Zambia, the average life expectancy is 37 years. 37! Like many communities in Zambia, Musele feels the impact of poverty and the AIDS pandemic on a daily basis. But Lota has hope for his family and community. Because of help from World Vision, Lota now attends school and receives proper health care. His family and entire community benefit from things like clean water wells and AIDS education. Many children like Lota live in desperate situations, but they are not without hope. As you tie your shoes this week, think about Lota and children like him, and remember to pray for him and World Vision as they seek to serve his community.

She is why I am running! Check out my website: www.firstgiving.com/tplatt on how you can help Lota and others like her out!

My plan is to have a list of 13 individuals that I will be running for. Each mile I will be praying for those individuals while I am running. Lota will be my mile 1. Check out my donate box to the right if you would like to support Lota and my mile 1 of the race. If you can't suppose financially, please pray for her while I run, Sunday, August 2nd! Thanks!!

No comments: