Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

The CONSTANT pulling

"Mom, are we stressing you out?"
"Why," I asked.
"Because you did that stressful sigh you do when you are stressed out."

It was then that I realized, they can really tell.
They know, as much as I try to hide it, they know.
But, do they really know?
No.
They think it is them, I finally realized.
But, it really isn't.
Yes, I get stressed at them, but it really isn't them, it is the CONSTANT PULLING of everything else BESIDES them that is overwhelming. And sadly, it is CONSTANT.
Talk with the moms or play with the kids at the park?
Clean the house or read a couple of books to the kids on the couch?
Blog for two minutes or wash those dishes that need washing?
Listen to the kids for a second or answer the phone that is ringing?

Constant, constant pulling...but who wins?
Who actually wins, when what is stressing you out is everything pulling you from your kids, but your kids think it is them?
This is my new thing that I am working on...
So if you don't see a post for a while, or just a short one....the pulling has been hard and the others have won. Which in this case, is it so bad that you are the loser...I think not!

No comments: