Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random things today with homeschool...

First I would like to say that I like reading these other blogs where each of the kids had a nick name, so I thought I would come up with some for mine instead of using their real names. So we have Mr. Creative, Miss Expressive, Miss Cutie and Miss Comedian. Those are my four darlings. So, today I came up stairs to begin school and Mr. Creative was sitting there making his "List of Things to do in 2009", there are going to be 100, but here is the list so far:
1.Be good
2. Help mom and dad
3. To help [Miss Expressive, Miss Cutie and Miss Comedian]
4. Be a good 8 year old
5. Wine lost (whine less)
6. love one another
7. Pray to Jesus and God
8. help me to not be bad, God
9. Be good in school
10. Be nise! (be nice!)
11. love my sefe (self)
12. Do not cry
13. Play
14. Do not cry lick a tow year old (like a two year old-sadly he does sometimes)
15. Be nise to family
16.Do not eat with hands on the table
17. do not yell (i like this one)
18. Shhhh, be quiet
19. tack clas (take class)
20. love

The list goes on, but it is so cute and I will definately save this one. He just does the cutest things sometimes. Later in the afternoon we had some book time, now this does not happen ever day like I would like it, but at least on Mondays and Thursdays we have quiet book time. Mr. Creative can read now, so he chose Aesops Fables and headed to the guest room, Miss Expressive and Miss Cutie are just learning how to read so they pulled out their Mr. Bob Books and got ones they could actually read. Miss Comedian crawled up on my legs and got her library books out, while I laid on the couch with "The Bend in the Road" hoping to get some reading done as well. It was so cute, the first two were so excited when they actually sounded out a word that they kept running up to me showing me each word they got. "Yes, great!" I said wanting to get back to my book. They were so excited. Then I looked up at Miss Comedian and she looked so lost. She wanted to read like her sisters. I patted her head and said, "Don't worry you will be able to read some day." She just looked at me and said, "But, I am reading mom." Then she proceeded to read me her story pretending to sound out all the letters. "Good job" I said. And she looked as proud as she could be. All days of homeschooling are not like this one, but today was a good one for me and I will take it. It is exciting to be with your kids when they discover new things. For this I am thankful. Now because I have just written all this, tomorrow will be.....

2 comments:

Mandie said...

tomorrow will be....

I know how that feels! Murphys law gets me all the time!

Aren't the nicknames fun?

lizwiththree said...

too cute those kids!!!