Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Me and My first baby...

I was tagged by Susan.

1. Were you married at the time? Yes.
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Overwhelmed and excited all at the same time.
3. How old were you? 21
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I was few days late and took a pregnancy test
5. Who did you tell first? My husband was with me when I took the test, but then my parents happened to be visiting at the time so it was kind of hard not to tell them when they were with us at breakfast.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? YES!
7. Due due: September 27th, 2001
8. Did you deliver early or late? Early, the day I turned 37 weeks.
9. Did you have morning sickness? None.
10. What did you crave? I more had food adversions- eggs, string cheese, could not stand chicken smell when it was cooking....
11. Who irritated you the most? No person, but having a cold and not being able to take anything for it was annoying
12. What was your first child’s sex? Male.
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? About 30. Still have about five more pounds to go...and it is 3 kids and 7 years later. 8-)
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes, bad carpoltonal (spelling) and losts of swelling.
15. Where did you give birth? Lutheran General Hospital (the best place!)
16. How many hours were you in labor? about 22 hours
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband, we were at the doctors for a routine visit and I told her somethings that were going on, she wasn't even going to check me...I was already 5cm and had no idea I was having contractions. That part was good, but she freaked out...although I was at 5 for a long time.
18. Who watched? My honey.
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? None.
21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs. 11oz.
22. What did you name him/her? John Wesley after both grandfathers
23. How old is your first born today? 7 years old

2 comments:

Missy said...

Thats a cool survey.
No pain meds huh? Did you do that with all of them brave girl?
You are very fortunate to have no morning sickness too.

Tanya said...

No, the girls were C-section..all three. I didn't have a choice. But, I really didn't want a C-section with them. I didn't have pain meds because I was brave it was more that I really didn't want a needle in my back. So I was more of a chicken! Also, for the twins the doctors actually had to poke me three times and when she finally did it...she hit a nerve and I was choking on my spit and had to have oxygen...yeah by Karli I was praying for a natural child birth with no needles in the back. She flipped sidways at the last minute before they broke my water and ended up having to have another c-section. So I really was more of a chicken than a brave girl!! 8-)