Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Chicago Virtual Charter School

This year for homeschool we have done something a little bit different.  J was getting older and heading into fourth grade and the twins were now going into second and our youngest is finally in first grade.  So, God lead us to Chicago Virtual Charter School.  It is perfect for what I needed.  I did like lesson planning, I like to be able to see how much we have accomplished and how much more we need to do, I like to know where I should be for the year and also needed someone with more expertise to guide me with my kids writing skills (which I stink at!).  So, we signed up.  J was the first one to be accepted and slowly the other three were enrolled.  By the beginning of November we finally had all of them in the school and we are now caught up to where we should be and are excited to head back into it after Christmas Break. 

The curriculum is from K12.  It is a great curriculum and it is even offered as a private school and you can purchase it for your own homeschool.  Check it out!  Post a comment if you have any questions regarding the program.  Especially if you are looking into it.  I would love to help out! 

The kids have some great teachers they are assigned to and I am technically their Learning Coach.  They provide the computer needed to access the school and provide all the curriculum.  The teachers are amazing and help out in any way needed.  It has been helpful and taken a lot of stress off of me and has met the needs of me to keep homeschooling.  They kids get to attend award ceremonies and work towards a goal of completing their studies.  I am excited about this opportunity.  The kids were really hesitant, but enjoy it (most days). 

2 comments:

Ms. Phyllis said...

Hi Tanya,

I'm glad I found your blog. I'm a homeschooling single (divorced) mom who has homeschooled my only child, a 12-year-old boy, since he was a first grader. For the 2012-2013 school year, we are trying the Chicago Virtual Charter School.

Are your children still enrolled at CVCS? Do you like it, and how are they doing there? I would love to hear your input.


Phyllis

Tanya said...

Hi Phyllis, I am glad you found the blog! I have homeschooled all my kids from day one and as my oldest was getting into higher grades I realized that I needed more to help me with homeschooling. Not saying this is what everyone should do, but it is what I needed! And I do have all four going again this year.

At first they were very upset that we decided to head in this direction, but after doing it last year was excited to do it again. My oldest son, who will be going into 5th grade, has already told me he wants to do this for high school as well.

Are you enrolled already? Has he been accepted? I know the waiting list was forever long. Please let know if you want to chat.