Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Three weeks without Facebook, WHAT????

Ok, so a few weeks ago I decided to discipline myself. My kids always ask if adults get disciplined. They now know that sometimes they do have to do it to themselves! Usually, it involves giving myself a time out for a bad attitude or not having enough patience. A couple of weeks ago I was looking at two of my favorite rooms and they literally looked like a tornado came through and then chewed everything us and then spit it back out. Sad, I know. I was going to take before and after photos...my husband asked me to spare everyone. Although, looking back I think I should have just done it! Oh, well.

So, I said, I really need to get this done. Then an idea came to me. If I give myself a discipline I will probably worked extra hard on trying to get it done so that I could "reward" myself with the rooms being done AND getting to do something again that I have fun with. It didn't take long for me to figure out what I needed to cut out.

So, are my rooms done? No. Half way, possibly. Will my friends get to see me on facebook anytime soon? With the holidays...possibly not. Ugh! Darn normal life with laundry and dishes and teaching the kids, they get in the way! Why do I discipline myself...oh, yeah that is right because sometimes we need it.

I do have to admit because I did this to myself that it was a lot easier to tell the kids that there would be no TV, video games or computer games until the entire upstairs is clean. They are actually cleaning, now if they could do it ever so politely that would be even better, but I'm not complaining!

Anyway, I miss Facebook, sad but true. I heard a few of my friends had babies and some others had some exciting situations come up...and I have missed it. I miss talking with them and seeing the everyday things that happen in everyones life. It is fun to be able to see what is going on. So, friends, I will come back. I am trying. I am working hard (minus this short bit to actually write in the dark hole of my blog). But, my rooms will get done. And I will be so glad. And trust me there WILL be pictures.

Till then, at least I have this blog! Good thing I didn't take that away too! Phew!

No comments: