Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kids Say the Darnest Things (part 2)

The kids were at the park and the girls met a new friend. They wanted John to play house with them. He, of course, didn't. He wanted to play tag. In the spirit of compromise John turned to the girls and said, "OK, I will play house if you call me Jedi." He always has to bring Star Wars into everything.

"I want to be a grownup so I can do whatever I want, except for speeding." --Kiley

"Mom, you want to see my period?" Kiley said as she walked out of the bathroom with a long strip of toilet paper stuck in here underwear.

Karli started crossing the street without us and almost got hit by a car. I got here and disciplined her and she replied, "But, mommy, I want to get to heaven and see my home." Tell my how YOU would respond to that. She left me speechless for a moment.

We have been learning about the Armor of God in Children's Church on Sundays. The Monday after we learned about the Breastplate of Righteousness one of the kids made a right choice to share a toy and Kiley turned to me and said, "Mom, they just earned the Heart of Armor." So, i keep telling them that it is the breastplate of Righteousness, but she has official deemed it the heart of armor, just to let you know! 8-)

This last quote was said a couple of days ago while the twins were helping me in our garden. We were adding dirt to the potato mounds. The top soil bags had been out in the rain so the soil was really mushy. The girls were having fun playing in it. Emily turned to Kiley and screamed, "I LOVE working in the garden so I can turn African." Kiley responded by saying, "I love turning African."