Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is homeschooling right for me?

So, the common question is, is homeschooling wrong or right?  I think it is neither.  Every kid is different, every family is different, every city and every school is different.  So, I can't say if it is right for you or not.  For my family, right now, this year, it is right.  Next year. We shall see.
                          We take one year at a time
Some people ask me all the time if we are going to do this the whole time they are in school.  I. don't. know.  Only God know that. Literally. 

So, you are wondering about homeschooling.  I prayed.  I asked God if that is what He wanted me to do.  I looked at all the situations. 

Do I have a degree in teaching...NO WAY!  Can I learn.  YES!  I will be honest.  My first grade teacher never taught me phonics.  Yep.  I learned phonics with my son, as I taught him.  My husbands saying, "You only have to be one lesson ahead."  I told my son, as I was teaching him, that I was learning with him.  He appreciated it. 

Do I like teaching?  Nope.  I specifically didn't want to be a teacher.  But, I am.  And I am starting to find my way and loving it. 

Am I perfect?  Nope.  But, I can try.

Am I going to get everything right?  Nope.  But, I can try.

Do you get where I am going?  No.  You can try! 

Homeschooling is decided on what you think is best for your child.  In that time.  That is what matters.  Right now this is what is best.  Do I despise school, no.  Schools are great.  I use to go to one myself and loved it. 

Bottom line:  What is best for your family and your child... and do it!

No comments: