Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Why I Love My Church!

Recently, I have been taken back as I look over the years that Jason and I have been at our church and just praise God for all He has done in our church and in our community! There have been so many changes and growth it is amazing what God is doing. We recently started something Jason called our 20/20 Vision as we are looking forward about the future (2020). Where do we want to be, where does God want us to be, are we doing what we need to to get there. And through this finding out more about how much our church is more a mission field than we ever realized! It has been a road for me, some ups and downs in this walk we are on, but each week God shows me more and more why we are there, why I am there, why the people who come are there. One of my favorite things about our church is that 10 percent of them are blind and half of those are on our worship team. What a blessing it is to see them reading their braillie and singing their praises to God! What a blessing it is to hear the thumping of one of the seeing eye dogs tails to the beat of the music! What a blessing to be able to hear people share what is on their hearts so we can pray for them! What a blessing to see the body of Christ work together to love everyone who is there! How amazing that people who might be outcast in other realms in our society have an open door and are freely welcomed with whatever they bring with them. I love my Church for the Love of God that just seeps out and overflows from the AMAZING love that God has for us! May it continue to grow, may others see God's love through us and may we make a HUGE difference to those in our community!
I am so blessed to be apart of my church!

No comments: